Roles & Responsibilities of Coordinator
• To coordinate NSS activities in accordance with the students ability and community demands.
• To coordinate internal resources available in the form of teaching expertise of teachers for enhancing the knowledge and skills of the students in implementation of the scheme;
• To coordinate various external resources available in the forms of government services; welfare agencies and voluntary bodies for the success of the NSS programme.
Roles & Responsibilities of Faculty Members:
• To prepare orientation programme for NSS volunteers, explain them about the concept of social service, and teach them methods and skills required for achieving the objectives of the scheme;
• To promote community education through meetings, talks, news bulletins discussions etc.
• To help in formulating NSS programmes which will have direct relationship with the academic curricula.
Roles & Responsibilities of Student Members
• Understand the community in which they work
• Understand themselves in relation to their community
• Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
• Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
• Utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems